|>>> Click For: Cat Surrender Advice and Information
|Will say 'Orange County Puppers'
You're in the right place - they are our sister rescue!
|All animals available for adoption are fully vetted to include: spay/neuter & up-to-date age appropriate vaccinations; dogs are placed on heartworm prevention and cats test negative for feline AIDS/Leukemia.
All potential adopters complete an application, reference check and sign our contract.
Follow these steps to adopt a pet:
Once you have decided on the dog or cat you'd like to add to your family, fill out an application on that animal.
* To make sure your application comes up, be sure this Webpage is set to allow pop-ups.
* Fill out all of the information on the application.
* Include the dog or cat name and number on the application.
>> Cat Adoption Application
>> Dog Adoption Application
Once the application is filled out, we can begin the process of approval. We normally contact your family vet and other references, based on the information you supplied on the application.
We will contact you by email when you are approved, or if we need additional information. All of our application processors are volunteers, so we ask that you give us a day or two to process the application.
Once your application is approved, we will forward the foster family an email address to contact you. This is a critical step in the adoption process.
It's important that you and the foster family talk so that together you can get all of the information you need about the dog or cat to make sure it is a good "fit".
Once you have made a final decision, fill out the contract.
>> Cat Adoption Contract
>> Dog Adoption Contract
- ADOPTION FEE
Pay the adoption fee (all adoption fees include spay or neuter and age appropriate, up-to-date vaccinations).
You can pay by check or money order or to pay by Paypal, click the Donate button on this Webpage.
- Cat or kitten $80.00 local TN adoptions
- Cat or kitten $160.00 for New England adoptions (includes transport and extra vetting required for transport). The entire $160.00 can be paid directly to WTAR via Paypal, CASH, check or money order and we'll take care of the transport costs ahead of time OR you can pay WTAR the $85.00 deposit and you pay the transport company the remaining $75.00 CASH or money order when you pick up your cat; NOTE: transport company accepts CASH or money order ONLY. If the fee is not paid at delivery, the pet will be returned to WTAR on the transport at the adopter's (your) expense.
- Dog or puppy $100.00 local TN adoptions
- Dog or puppy $325.00 for New England adoptions (includes transport and extra vetting required for transport). The entire $325.00 can be paid directly to WTAR via Paypal, CASH, check or money order and we'll take care of the transport costs ahead of time OR you can pay WTAR the $175.00 deposit and you pay the transport company the remaining $150.00 CASH or money order when you pick up your dog; NOTE: transport company accepts CASH or money order ONLY. If the fee is not paid at delivery, the pet will be returned to WTAR on the transport at the adopter's (your) expense.
***New Hampshire residents: To comply with 'New Hampshire RSA 437' please add an additional $55.00 to transport fee for required quarantine period, bringing the total to $380.00***
- PICK UP or TRANSPORT
We are now ready to make arrangements to get your new dog or cat to you. If you are local in Tennessee, we can work out a meeting for you to pick up your new pet; if you're in New England we partner with a wonderful
pet transport company, Peterson Express Transport Services aka PETS,llc and we will walk you through that process (the transport fee for this option is included in the $160.00 for cats/kittens and $325.00 for dogs/puppies adoption fee stated above); if other arrangements are to be made, we will work with you on that.